From 2nd September, you can visit this ancient place of inestimable historical and artistic value

Thanks to the collaboration between the Municipality of Fivizzano and the Cooperative Sigeric – Tourism Services, the Ex Convento degli Agostiniani Complex in Fivizzano will be open and can be visited from 2 September until 29 October, every Saturday and Sunday morning and afternoon, with no need for booking.

An important news for 2023 is the free entrance, including a guided tour, also free of charge, that will allow visitors to learn more about the history of the Convent and the works housed inside.

Opening dates September: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30
Opening dates October: 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
Opening times and guided tours: 9:30 – 10:15 – 11:00 – 11:45 / 15:00 – 15:45 – 16:30 – 17:15

For further information:

Discover all the places included in the free entrance ticket with guided tour

  • Uffizi Diffusi “Alpe di Luni” Exhibition

Until 23 October 2023, the venue is also home to the Uffizi Diffusi Exhibition “Alpe di Luni” with the Veduta dal Monte Forato by Andrea Markò, donated in 1913 to the Modern Art Gallery of Palazzo Pitti by the Anglo-Florentine painter Robert William Stranger. A view of the mountain that has attracted the attention of travellers and artists since ancient times and that was included in the itineraries of the Via Francigena and the Volto Santo precisely because of the particular phenomenon that is visible on the days of the summer solstice, in which looking into the hole one seems to glimpse a double sunrise.

  • Civic Library and Edmondo Bernacca meteorological Museum

A section of this historic conservation area, which now has a collection of around 30,000 volumes, houses the Museum that collects items and instruments used by one of the best-known figures in Italian meteorology: Colonel Edmondo Bernacca, who spent a great deal of time in his home in Piazza Medicea in Fivizzano.

  • Church of San Giovanni and Museum of Sacred Art of San Giovanni degli Agostiniani

The Museum is located in the ancient spaces of the Church of San Giovanni, near the Augustinian Convent, and houses the numerous works collected both in the sacred buildings in the area and in the Church itself, which was unfortunately destroyed in the disastrous earthquake of 1920.

  • The Convent Cloister

Further enriching the entire Ex Convento degli Agostiniani complex is the ancient cloister, decorated with marvellous 17th-century frescoes by Michele Angelo di Fivizzano, restored last century, which narrate some moments in the life of Saint Augustine.

For further information:


For further information: