Ostello La Stele
Treschietto, Bagnone (MS) – Lunigiana
Apennine National Park – MAB UNESCO Reserve
La Stele is located in Lunigiana, at the heart of the Apennine National Park and Unesco Man & Biosphere Reserve.
The small village of Treschietto is one of the several medieval hilltop villages that dot the Lunigiana valley in northern Tuscany, characterized by lush chestnut woods and olive groves, overlooked by the peaks of the Apennines. The small village features the ruins of a medieval tower (once a castle) and is popular for its delicacy: the sweet onion “cipolla di Treschietto”.
It is only 5 km far from Bagnone, one of the most charming villages of the area, where you can find all amenities. 15/20 Km from here are the motorway exit of Aulla or Pontremoli.
La Stele is not only a youth hostel but an accommodation for the whole family, group of friends or schools.
The building was formerly the school of the village, only few years ago converted into an accommodation, completely renovated and provided with all comforts and security standards.
It can caters for 50 people in total divided onto 2 floors featuring :
- 3 single rooms with private bathroom (2 of which equipped for disabled people)
- 2 double rooms with private bathroom
- 2 shared rooms catering up to 5 people (inner bathroom)
- 1 shared room catering up to 6 people (shared bathroom)
- 2 shared rooms catering up to 9 people (inner bathroom)
- 1 shared room catering up to 9 (shared bathroom)
At the ground floor is the Reception and Visitor Centre of the Apennine National Park, Breakfast /dining room, equipped Kitchen, Bar.
Outdoor common areas: Free car park, Playground for kids with 5-a-side Football pitch, Picnic area with BBQ.
It is possible to book either self-catered (including the use of a fully equipped kitchen and dining room) or with breakfast/half or full board service.
The rooms are furnished with modern wooden beds, comfortable mattresses, side table with lamp and wardrobe. Free wi-fi in the common area at the ground floor available.
If you choose the self-catered formula it is possible to book bed-only or with bed linen and towels. Daily and final cleaning on your behalf.
If you choose the b&b option you will be provided with bed linen, towels and cleaning service.
Shuttle service from the train station of Villafranca-Bagnone available on request. Ask for a quotation.
Activities and surroundings
The hostel is located in a central position to explore Lunigiana and the Apennine Park. From here you can enjoy walks in the nature or cycling.
Also, our expert tour and nature guides offer guided tours, e-bike tours, hiking and canyoning in the area, but also in the Apuan Alps and Cinque Terre. More info at www.sigeric.it.
Within easy reach for football teams is the Bagnone football pitch or the public swimming pools in Villafranca Lunigiana.
The beaches are approx, 40-45 min drive.
For groups of minimum 15 people and 2 nts stay (rate per person per night):
A. Self catered:
WITH bed linen and weekly cleaning
|C. Half Board:
WITH bed linen and weekly cleaning
|D. Servizio pensione completa (no riscaldamento) con fornitura biancheria settimanale e pulizie finali|
For schools or summer camp 10euro
|17 euro||35 euro||
- *Final cleaning: it is requested to clean accurately the whole building (rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and all rooms in use) otherwise a fee for the extra cleaning service will be charged
- Optional service: final cleaning (included in C. D. options): + 100 euro for each floor
- Bed linen (included in C. D. options): + 5 euro per person per week or at any additional request
- Towels (1 big 1 small) – Not included in any option: + 3 euro per person per week or at any additional request
- Heating (for C. D. options): + 5 euro per person per day
- For groups or schools: 2 Free stays every 15 pax
- Non refundable deposit 30% of the total amount to be paid 20 days prior day of arrival
- For self catered option a deposit of 200 euro is requested to cover cleaning or any damage caused during the stay. If not needed the total amount will be refunded at the end of your stay.
- Cancellation policy: 30% deposit within 20 days prior arrival, within 15 days 50% of the total amount, within 7 days 70% of the total amount, within 3 days or no show 100% of the total amount will be charged.
- Additional services on request: Tour guides and guided tour – Shuttle
How to get there:
By car or bus: A15 Highway exit Pontremoli or Aulla, continue on State Road Statale della Cisa SS62 – Follow directions to Bagnone and then Treschietto (approx. 20 Km).
Note for Buses: From Bagnone follow the signs to Vico/Corlaga and then Treschietto. Length limit 10/12m.
By train: train station Villafranca Lunigiana (approx. 10 Km) on the train line Parma-La Spezia. It is possible to book the Treschietto Shuttle (service on request at additional cost).
Sigeric Servizi per il Turismo – www.sigeric.it
Tel. +39. 3663712808/ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ostello La Stele Treschietto – Sigeric SC